I don’t think I can stress how important foundation is. It is literally the FOUNDATION of your entire makeup look. I don’t care what kind of school you went to, there is always a teacher that stresses the importance of a strong foundation. So, since this “foundation” is so important, I figured I would give you my top 5. This will definitely save you some trouble and money.
So to start off, I will tell you what I normally look for in a foundation.
- Coverage- I don’t have the best skin. I have frequent breakout and I get a TON of blackheads on the side of my face that are a hassle to get rid of. So I make sure that the foundation I chose has enough coverage to cover all of that up.
- Price- I’m a graduate student. Money is pretty scarce around here so I like to get a lot of bang for my buck.
- Color- I like for my foundation to MATCH. I am really light skinned so sometimes the only foundation that is even close to my skin color has a pink undertone and that is a big NO NO for me.
- Wearability- I like to know how good the foundation wears. If I wear it for 20 min and it starts to look a hot mess, oh no honey!
These are the foundations that I have used over the years and I have really liked them.
- Marc Jacobs ($48) – I absolutely love this foundation. The coverage is AMAZING and the foundation itself lasts a really long time.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills ($25) – I like this one because it offers buildable coverage. If you want full coverage one day and less coverage the next, you can have that.
- Estée Lauder Double Wear ($42) – I like this one because out of all of these foundations listed, it is the easiest one for me to apply. Easy application = less work for me.
- Mary Kay Timewise ($22) -This foundation is my ole faithful. It is the foundation that I use when I run out of my main foundation. With that being said, I have been using this foundation for about 4 years now and it has NEVER failed me.
- Kat Von D foundation ($35) – I use this when I have REALLY bad breakouts. This foundation could probably cover up the Grand Canyon. It is popular for its full coverage and it stands up to its reputation. I do not wear this one all of the time because it has some intense coverage.
I have tried so many because I get lighter in the winter months and darker in the summer months. My curiosity will not let me buy the same foundation twice. I like to try different ones to keep up with the newest releases. What is your favorite foundation and why? Let’s discuss in the comments.